Mandriva One: "mount: function not implemented"

xoox

I've tried Mandriva One 2007. At boot time, I get the message: "remounting root filesystem in read-write mode. mount: function not implemented"

After KDE is running, the PCs HD is not automatically mounted, there is no icon on the desktop, ect. But manually mounting the HD works.

Now, I would like to install Mandriva One on my HD, as I currently don't have the option to download the entire DVD of Mandriva 2007. But would above error message man that I could not boot the installed system as One would be unable to mount the HD?

• 2 weeks later...

When you say "tried Mandriva" do you mean from a Live CD?

IF you have a spare partition on your hard drive you can try installing Mandriva onto your hard drive. I have a multiboot system so did not install Mandriva grub or lilo, just altered my menu.lst file to include the Mandriva kernel and initial ramdisk. The message may be referring to the "ro" option on the boot line, if it is its just a matter of removing this option.

I would post details oif your hard drive and disk controller, its easier to reply the more details you provide. HTH

But would above error message man that I could not boot the installed system as One would be unable to mount the HD?
No, more likely it's trying to mount before the bootstrap completes and all the proper files are available. This is quite possible with the way livecd's work - they actually create a virtual filesystem in RAM and use it to hold certain commands, while reading the majority of stuff from the CD. It's likely that the mount command was simply not available so early in the boot process, and may be a technical impossibility to have it available at that point. Go ahead and install, this issue should not effect a full install.