Arch: Gnome theme data

Last night I was messing with themes and managed to make GNOME bite the big one...panels disamappeared, and I couldn't start any applications (even from a terminal I had open). It happened when I was changing icon themes.

While I know a good ol' rm -rf ~/.gconf would rectify this I'd rather see if anyone knows where this information is held (no, I don't have a ~/.gtkrc) so that I can change it there and not blow anything away. It should be in one of the XML files in .gconf but I figure if someone knows off-hand it'll save me the digging...

(you know, I'm not sure when the last time I posted an actual question was....)

Fellow Archer here, but I do not use Gnome... just KDE and IceWM (although it's installed).

I'm afraid I cannot help, as I'm not familiar with Gnome configuration files- any chance you can post the same issue at the Arch forum? (or wait Phunni, or any other Arch user here to respond).

From my limited experience in Gnome, I have a funny feeling it might be that nautilus was turned off for the desktop stuff perhaps? I dunno. Just a suggestion. And I'm probably wrong :P

From my limited experience in Gnome, I have a funny feeling it might be that nautilus was turned off for the desktop stuff perhaps? I dunno. Just a suggestion. And I'm probably wrong :P
No, I always have nautilus turned off for drawing the desktop. But nautilus does not draw the panels or the program windows, that's a GNOME thing.

Either way, I just did an rm -rf .gconf, .gnome and .gnome2 - apparently the setting was in one of the last two directories and deleting only .gconf didn't resolve it.