Old CD-ROM Drive still showing up in /mnt [solved]

krisbee2000

I have two cd-rom drives installed on my box. I pulled the Master drive (which was a DVD-ROM) and replaced with a DVD-RW (19 bucks, who could pass that up!). The problem is that there is a line in my fstab for a cdrom drive, so that makes three mount points that show up... /cdrom /cdrom1 /cdrom2

I tried just deleting the line in fstab, but that didn't work... it showed up again (I gues you have to use fstab-sync, huh?)...

I know there must be an easy way to correct this, but for the life of me, I can't figure it out...

Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure I fully understand. The standard practice would be for you to post the text of your fstab file here for people to comment.

But in fstab your CD or DVD drives should appear as /dev/hdc and /dev/hdd and these should be mounted to some combination of /mnt/cdrom and/or /mnt/cdrom1 and/or /mnt/cdrom2 if you've let mandriva go with the defaults.

If your /mnt directory has more than just these subdirectories, it shouldn't really matter as long as whatever /dev/hd* is mounted to in fstab appears in /mnt.

If i recall correctly when I changed out a DVD-ROM for a DVD-RW I didn't need to change anything in fstab (under 2005LE).

-Crispus

• 2 weeks later...