help with laptop setup

mifan

well, installing mandriva 2007 on a hp dv2125 was fairly easy. Most everything works without further configuration, except the integrated wireless adapter, and multi-card readers. Also, when I tried to activate the 3d desktop effects, it said that my graphics card isn't 3d enabled (its an nvidia go card). So, how can I set up the card readers and wireless (I had wiped out windows, when setting up the wireless card, it asked for the windows inf file to setup the wireless card...)? Also, going to the nvidia website, I notice that there is an IA32 and AMD64 choice for linux drivers. since this laptop is a turion64 laptop, should I choose the amd64 driver or the IA32 driver(since mandriva installs as a 586) and will installing this videocard driver let me enable the 3d desktop effects?

well, installing mandriva 2007 on a hp dv2125 was fairly easy. Most everything works without further configuration, except the integrated wireless adapter, and multi-card readers.

I don't have time to see the model but Im presuming you have internet acess via a wired connection?

So, how can I set up the card readers and wireless (I had wiped out windows, when setting up the wireless card, it asked for the windows inf file to setup the wireless card...)?

That depends on the actual chipset and I don't have time to check ....

If you use the ndiswrapper to use the windws driver the easiest is probably searching for a .inf file on google for that card and accompanying drivers.

Also, when I tried to activate the 3d desktop effects, it said that my graphics card isn't 3d enabled (its an nvidia go card).

Also, going to the nvidia website, I notice that there is an IA32 and AMD64 choice for linux drivers. since this laptop is a turion64 laptop, should I choose the amd64 driver or the IA32 driver(since mandriva installs as a 586) and will installing this videocard driver let me enable the 3d desktop effects?

If you installed 32 bit mandriva then 32 bit.... this should give you the 3d :D