New nvidia driver released

dexter11

NVIDIA has released a new driver and the first from the 1.0-9XXX series: 1.0-9626. There's almost no change to the 1.0-9625 beta driver.

This is the first non-beta nvidia driver which contains the "GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap" extension, which is needed for AIGLX to work with nvidia cards.

Can be downloaded from here.

source: hup.hu

Where on the version tree does this fit?

I mean we have 8XXX for the latest nvidia driver

7XXX for legacy driver and 5XXX for IA64 and it seems that there aren't any links from the official download site http://www.nvidia.com/object/unix.html

is 9xxx still beta?

:unsure:

9xxx will be the next line of drivers. This driver, however, is specifically for Quadro Plex setups and not for use on other systems. It seems there was some misunderstanding somewhere along the line.

9XXX is in beta for the other cards, the one linked to above is a stable release. Like I said:

9xxx will be the next line of drivers. This driver, however, is specifically for Quadro Plex setups and not for use on other systems.
By "this driver" I most obviously meant "the one linked to in the original post, which is a stable release, and not a beta."

I'm running 9625 on my system so that I can use beryl w/o XGL.