Trying to install 2007 Free DVD/CD [solved]

tshizzle

I've just been checking my 2007 DVD and find that the black screen appears before the boot loader screen to choose for the installation.

My apologies on this, it flashed so damn quick on my screen I never noticed it before.

What I'd be tempted to do, is when the CD/DVD starts to boot, is to see if you can try to catch the thing by pressing F3 - which seems to point to Main from the screenshot you show.

This of course, is a case of timing, so hopefully you can catch it before it bugs out.

stab in the dark:

how about trying the "mini cd" that is the one for ftp install

and see if it behaves the same (just in case the kernel was different)

OK I was able to boot up and run the Mandriva Live CD , so from there I installed, install went fine.

But after rebooting, if I select Mandriva, Failsafe, or Non-Frame Buffer from the boot menu, they all just say:

BIOS Data Check Successful

And never go any further :( Any idea?

how about/ can you select/add to grub command line single

then run drakx11 and test video card / display combinations

also compare in single mode the xorg.conf not working

to the xorg.conf of the live cd (you will have to save xorg.conf.live somewhere)

do I make sense?

also I suppose usual noapic nolapic acpi=off

OK I was able to boot up and run the Mandriva Live CD , so from there I installed, install went fine.

But after rebooting, if I select Mandriva, Failsafe, or Non-Frame Buffer from the boot menu, they all just say:

And never go any further :( Any idea?

I just installed 2007 on my HP Media Ctr (dual 686), and had the same problem. I had to add the nopinit option to the boot command to make it work. Once I did that, It came up. It seems that loading from a cd slows it down enough that timing issues were not present, so the live cd booted ok.

I don't know if that is your problem, but its worth a shot.

I just installed 2007 on my HP Media Ctr (dual 686), and had the same problem. I had to add the nopinit option to the boot command to make it work. Once I did that, It came up. It seems that loading from a cd slows it down enough that timing issues were not present, so the live cd booted ok.

I don't know if that is your problem, but its worth a shot.

would I just type "Mandriva_2007 nopinit" at the LILO screen? (mandriva_2007 being the name I gave it during install) ?

becuase i tried that and it still just said it

boot: Mandriva_2007 nopinit

and then it just sits there and never goes further :(

i dont understand it though, i thought the Live CD just does an install of whats working already on the PC? because booting live cd everything runs great