anjuta, gnome and C

I am running with 2007 and am now trying to get anjuta up. I want to do programming with plan C. I have a number of problems and I have posted them on their forum but nobody seems to be home so I hope somebody here can help.

I cannot seem to get help working as it tells me its not installed although it seems to be (must have been automatic as I cannot find where to download help files although mmc tells me its already on my system)

I was trying to run a tutorial (hello world) and it tells me to goto view->edit gui and there is no such place (this was supposed to start glade) I can, however, run glade, outside of anjuta, so I know that is installed (v 2.? although v 3.? is available - perhaps I should be running that?)

Am I spinning my wheels trying to use anjuta and should I drop back to glade and an editor and live with it?

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

Anjuta hasn't been updated since time immemorial. I found that it worked alright, but several of the features needed work. You could try the Kdevelop suite or that one thats written in Java ( i forget what its called ) or monodevelop.

Or you could just use vim or nano or something.

Good Luck!

Guest Anna Ves

I am encoutering similar problems...

I use nano to write my c code. How can I compile it afterwards? In the terminal window:

gcc -o MyFile.o MyFile.c does not seem to work.

I have recently installed Ubuntu. What else do I need to install? And how can I do that?

Edited by Anna Ves