SVN Installation & Configuration

Velichko Sarev

Hi Everybody,

I would like to install cvn on my box. I saw in control center taht I have cvs, but I could not found svn.

Do you kno how can I install and configure svn on Mandriva 2006 x64?

I also looking for Windows client.

I used Tortoise CVS, but I ma not sure, is it works with svn?

Thank you in advance!

If you set up your urpmi, you should be able to just add the subversion packages normally. I'm not sure about 2006-x64 though, I've got 2005-x32.

<ShamelessWebsitePlug>

I wrote a page on subversion and how I set it up, if you're interested. It's only a brief and basic introduction (single user, FSFS database) but might help for starters.

</ShamelessWebsitePlug>

Hi Guys,

I looking for installable version of SVN 1.4 or 1.3 for Mandriva 2006. I founf a guide http://summersoft.fay.ar.us/pub/subversion...redhat-9.0/bin/ where is described the installation of SVN. I tried to installed it but every time I recieve an error (Some package requested cannot be installed: apr-util-0.9.5-0.1.i386 (due to unsatisfied liblber.so.2)).

I download all of rpm files from this link, because I think that there is some dependency between then, but actioly there is no.

Is somebody know how can I gat a installation of SVN 1.4 or 1.3 and configuration guide.

Thank you in advance!

As mentioned in your other thread, subversion is available via urpmi (in the contrib repository).

The version packaged for 2006 is 1.2, I've just upgraded to 2007 which has version 1.3 included. Version 1.4 is only a month old and so no Mandriva packages are available yet. There are certainly ways to install a more recent version with 2006 but they might involve compiling it yourself and could get a little messy.

I am so sorry about my second post with the same descriprion!!!

I double checked SVN web site but there is no installation for Mandriva.Which distribution shoud I use?

I laso checked in Mandriva Control Center (insrall/remove rpm) , but there is no installation for SVN also.

Can you show me a link where I can get SVN 1.2 or 1.3?

Thank you in advance!

I already get easy-urpmi ....

I have several rpm files: lib64subversion1_0-devel, lib64subversion1_0-static-devel, subversion-client-tools, subversion-doc, subversion-repos, subversion-repo-tools, subversion-server and zope-CMFSubversionBrowser. All of these files are version 1.2.1.

The Mandriva that I have is x64. In my opinion I should install subversion-client-tools, subversion-doc, subversion-repos, subversion-repo-tools and subversion-server. Probably I should use the installation instruction here: http://geocities.com/firsttimelinux/progra...ioncontrol.html . Am I rigth?

I would like to install it ,after that to create repository. I would like to use TortoiseSVN x64 as Windows client. I already download it.

Am I rigth?
Yes, you're right. I have two rpms: subversion-1.3.2-4mdv2007.0 and subversion-tools-1.3.2-4mdv2007.0. Yours will be 1.2 for Mandriva 2006 if you're using the official urpmi repositories, and the names might be a little different.

I need subversion to use the client, and I need subversion-tools to create and manage the repositories. I also have libsvn0-1.3.2-4mdv2007.0 because that came as a dependency. I don't need any of the devel packages because I don't want to do any subversion development myself!!

I've never used TortoiseSVN so I can't comment on that.

Thank you verry match.

I alredy installed and configured it.

When I try to checkout my repository I ger an error "unable to open ra_local session to url".

The checkout string is file:///192.168.2.106/testrepos/.

Do you have some idea how can I solve the issue?