(EE) No Devices Detected

Guest Robbie Roadstone

Guest Robbie Roadstone

Hi there

A newbie, so please go gently. I'm trying to install Mandriva 2007 onto my Dell Dimension 5150. The system has a Radeon X600 256MB video card, with a Samsung HD LCD TV Connected to it (1360x768). The install goes fine up to the point of configuring the display settings. The install seems to detect the video card and monitor (as a Samsung), but when I come to running the test, I get the following error.

An error occurred

(EE) No Devices Detected

Try to change parameters.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be causing this, and what I might try to resolve the issue? I also noticed that Mandriva doesn't seem to give me an option to to set a resolution of 1360x768. Is there a way to manually set the resolution? Any feed back would be most welcome. Whilst in the past I have run Suse and Ubuntu, the reveiw of Mandriva 2007 in the latest Linux magazine makes me want to install it! ;)

Regards

Rob

You'll probably have to set the 1360x768 resolution after the install.

For now, however, I suggest changing whatever video card driver Mandriva is selecting for you to VESA just to test and see if we can get it working. VESA is the "fall-back" driver of sorts and should work on almost any video card. If that works, then after the install we can go through getting the ATI drivers installed.

For now, however, I suggest changing whatever video card driver Mandriva is selecting for you to VESA just to test and see if we can get it working. VESA is the "fall-back" driver of sorts and should work on almost any video card. If that works, then after the install we can go through getting the ATI drivers installed.

I experienced the same issue during the Mandriva 2007 installation on a Dell Optiplex GX620 with an ATI Radeon X600 256 mb card. I skipped X configuration during that installation just to get through it. I took your advice and was able to get X working using the Radeon (vesa) instead of the Radeon (fglrx) which was what Mandriva 2007 was choosing for me.

I guess I'm ready to go through getting the ATI drivers installed. :D