Installing Mandriva 2007 free on Sony FS660

Guest sonyfs660

Guest sonyfs660

Hello

I will be installing Mandriva 2007 free a SONY Vaio FS660 for audio recording purposes (Rosegarden).

Any advice if it will work or has anyone some expereince doing that??

I will update the post how it goes anyhow.

Thanks a lot

Edited by sonyfs660

The best way is just simply to try it. You can get a Live CD now anyhow, so you can boot from the CD and see what works and what doesn't. What doesn't, doesn't necessarily mean it won't work, but might need a bit of configuration to get it going.

Have fun.

I couldn't find any reliable information regarding what kind of soundcard this laptop has. Do you happen to know the soundcard/chipset? With that it'd be easier to determine how well rosegarden would work.

Guest sonyfs660

well I tried it last night and the instalation stopped at

PCMCIA cardmgr line

and did not proceede.

I tried Mandrake, knoppix, and mandriva

ANY IDEAS??????

Guest sonyfs660

thanks for all the advice guys!

I got finaly after 2 days of obstructions (cdrom not recognized, copy stalls, cant see HD etc) got the DVD version of Mandriva 2007 installed without major problems. But now i have to configure my wireless intel/pro 2200BG - I found the driver but am not sure how to install the firmare in Mandriva and wether it will effect its function in windows enwironment - any input on this??

• 5 weeks later...

I got finaly after 2 days of obstructions (cdrom not recognized, copy stalls, cant see HD etc) got the DVD version of Mandriva 2007 installed without major problems. But now i have to configure my wireless intel/pro 2200BG - I found the driver but am not sure how to install the firmare in Mandriva and wether it will effect its function in windows enwironment - any input on this??

Strangely I have posted the same Q&A several times, vis-a-vis a Vaio 2007 FREE?? install & 2200BG [802] and have not had a single response ... went to MYAH & 2006 ALT0 Kernel and most stuff woiks - looking for post on add KDE 3.5xxx et al ... BR>Pete

Strangely I have posted the same Q&A several times, vis-a-vis a Vaio 2007 FREE?? install & 2200BG [802] and have not had a single response ... went to MYAH & 2006 ALT0 Kernel and most stuff woiks - looking for post on add KDE 3.5xxx et al ... BR>Pete

Maybe nobody saw it :unsure: