Mandriva 2007 Errata

spinynorman

Hello FFI.

After reading through the bugpage comments you posted the link too, all I can say is that the Mr Laurent, whoever he is , has the manners and pr abilities of a toad. I don't care if he is one of Mandrivas or KDEs teams, he is a pig.

I truly don't know how Adam didn't totally blow his gasket.

I am a fairly easy going person but if Laurent ( Doesn't deserve respected title of Mr) were to to speak to me like that face to face, I would have floored him and thought nothing of it.

I ask everyone here at MUB to also view that discussion and see what kind of pig will be part of Mandrivas wish to communicate and interact more with MUB. With people like Laurent involved with Mandriva and /or KDE, I see a hard time for the future.

Here is to Adam for his great effort on behalf of users. :beer::beer::beer:

Cheers. John.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I submitted a bug to Mandriva, and nobody bothered to look at it. Come to the conclusion of why I should bother to notify Mandriva of bugs when they can't be ar$3d to read/respond/fix them.

Makes me wonder why I should put up with a distro that doesn't fix problems. And the attitude of the people in that link ffi posted, absolutely stinks.

I submitted a bug to Mandriva, and nobody bothered to look at it. Come to the conclusion of why I should bother to notify Mandriva of bugs when they can't be ar$3d to read/respond/fix them.

It depends, some people are very quick to respond and fix others, well.......

I found a good way is to useally bug the devs on the irc channel, so thay take notice, but off course it shouldn't be like that

@John, note those other arguing with Laurent were also Mandriva employees

Edited by ffi

I have Fedora 6 on one of my machines at work. I should have submitted the bug for my soundcard on my new laptop when I had FC6 installed. I could have seen how quickly the guys at Fedora/Red Hat replied, and compared a similar response with Mandriva ;)

Note, this isn't about how more up-to-date Fedora is, it's about the response and reply to a bug report, regardless of the release cycle for a distro.

Thanks FFI. Well it seems that Mandriva should get rid of him (Laurent) , and I don't mean just rein him in, unless Mandriva want to collapse by having Adam and the other Mandriva guys walk out.

This character Laurent is a walking timebomb.

Cheers. John.

Thanks FFI. Well it seems that Mandriva should get rid of him (Laurent) , and I don't mean just rein him in, unless Mandriva want to collapse by having Adam and the other Mandriva guys walk out.

This character Laurent is a walking timebomb.

Cheers. John.

He might be very good at what he does, ie program, fix bugs and package, his marketing, social and customer care skills are zero. But I think this should be a management thing, having pride in that your releases are as bugfree/ secure as possible by adding patches, even MS tries that.

It's a shame really Mandriva has a lot of great features, which I miss in other distros I try and make me come back, which make it fun and easy to use, but also a lot of bugs which can make it frustrating at times and make me try something different from time to time (I can imagine people have the same experience driving french cars :lol2: )

Anyway I hope Mandriva realises that after sales care makes your customer come back and spend more money in the future, even I realise that and I am well not the most socially apt and commercial person :unsure:

Some one has his knickers in a knot over there..

God.. that is the worst collection of logs i have ever seen, "We dont get to see MS's."

They obviously need to get a clear understanding of what the definitions are for each bug and the time lines required.

I understand this is all pretty hard at times as i have been incharge of Service before.

1. Customer comes first. (Thus cooker should be second unless it is a Killer..)

2. Front end is what people see, Clean that and refine to perfection.

3. Don't speak out in public like that.

4. Refer to Above three items.

1. Security

2. Front end

3. Speed and functions

Don't add speed or functions unless the two other items are first correct.

PR is a job for all people we here are a PR arm as well.

It looks like he needs someone above him to give focus and also assign help, on the back porting of issues.

And untangle his knickers..

I just downloaded the latest updates and low and behold, ZIP is back and working again.

Thank you to the sensible Mandriva people who perserved with this against an ignoramus.

I got the new kernel and kernel-source as well (2.6.17-8).

All seems to be working nicely thank you Mandriva team.

Cheers. John

Edited by AussieJohn

More updates:

5 Resolved Issues

5.23 Samba access control by user group does not work

5.24 Poor support for Windows 95 / 98 / ME and OS/2 shares in the cifs filesystem provided by Samba

5.25 SWAT dies on login

5.26 Cannot create zip archives from KDE

5.33 flightgear cannot be launched from system menu

5.41 'Relaxing' theme for GDM login manager unusable

5.42 Crossfire map editor (crossedit) not synchronized with other packages

8 Hardware Support

8.2 3D accelerated applications crash on Intel i965g video chipset

11 Software issues

11.4 Internet connection sharing does not work

Errata for details.

Yet more updates:

5 Resolved Issues

5.27 3D accelerated applications crash on Intel i965g video chipset

5.41 gsambad cannot be launched from system menu

5.43 Apache does not launch if horde-kronolith is installed

5.44 PAM authentication does not work with courier-imap mail server

11 Software issues

11.17 rpm incorrectly detects binary packages as source packages

13 Server issues

13.3 perl-SOAP-lite (SOAP::Lite) module causes crash if loaded with perl-UNIVERSAL-require (UNIVERSAL::require) module

Errata for details.

And again:

5 Resolved Issues

5.28 nmap does not work as root

5.29 OpenOffice.org Writer not included on Discovery menus

5.30 dkms-lirc package does not work (lirc_parallel module fails to build) on multi-processor systems

5.31 Issues with Bluetooth (PIN code not requested)

5.32 perl-SOAP-lite (SOAP::Lite) module causes crash if loaded with perl-UNIVERSAL-require (UNIVERSAL::require) module

11 Software Issues

11.16 wvstreams cannot be installed

Errata

Resolved Issues

5.33 Tripwire hangs while generating keys

5.34 Help button in Mandriva software management tools leads to broken link

5.56 libogre5-devel package cannot be installed

Software Issues

11.18 VBESTATESAVE and VBEPOST options in /etc/sysconfig/suspend do not work

11.21 ctags fails to work if TMPDIR variable is unset

Details