I want to change my desktop - help me!

Guest paakwasi

Guest paakwasi

HI,

i just installed mandrake 8.1, my screen is not full. it has just covered about 80 percent of my laptop screen. i want so set it so that i can have a full screen when i switch it on. please help out because i am not having fun to the fullest.

[moved from Everything Linux by spinynorman - welcome aboard :)]

Welcome to the board!

Mandrake 8.1 ?! Yikes! You do know how many years old that version is, don't you??

About your screen, have you tried changing the settings in "Configure my Computer" under "Display"? This might be called something different in 8.1 but there should be a configuration panel for the screen resolution and type etc.

If that still doesn't work, let us know something about your laptop (including screen resolution) and what your display settings are currently set to.

hey paakwasi,

welcome aboard! how old is your laptop?

it would be hard for most of us to think back and give you a way through mcc to get the full resolution. do you know the video card and resolutions of your display? that might actually be in the manufacturer's documentation or you may be able to look it up online. there might be a nice and easy way of seeing which driver is being loaded and what the resolution is set to in mandrake in the control center (mcc is the command).

if the laptop is relatively new, you should seriously consider installing a newer version. hardware support will be so much easier for you.