check out Pekwm

Guest joehill

Guest joehill

LOL, here I go again, another WM to check out.

well, what's so great about it? I am still not convinced to switch from Flux, but it appears to have some of the eye-candy that I loved about Waimea AND the cool functionality of Flux.

Anyway, here's a shot.

as you can see, there is support for pixmaps in the theme engine, but there are a lot of features like desktop wheeling, "remember" configurations (no more remember patch like with flux, though it doesn't look as easy to configure as with flux/remember).

try out the CVS here.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest joehill

well, now you have seen how serious I was being. Did you check out the screenshot? that is the ugliest desktop I have ever seen on a Linux box. Windows of course is a different story...

anyhoo, here's a shot again, I am in Pekwm full time now and it is pretty cool so far. One kinda funny feature is that you can drag your dockapps to reposition them, but the dock still needs more work. the themes are pretty cool too.

kinda almost as good as Flux, but with nice decorations. If flux ever added pixmap support...

Guest joehill

So far so good, I have everything I want working in Pekwm except for the wallpaper menu. seems there's no "include" option in the menu system. I'll have to find another way, perhaps with this dynamic menu system I am just starting to understand.

one more shot.

Guest joehill

ok, fer chrissakes, there's gotta be somebody else here into the pekwm thing!

well, I'll do my part, here's my port of my hack of a theme for .waimea I did a while back, lemme know what ya think.

shot

Guest joehill
Looks good. I still like waimea though with no wheeling and no taskbar. It's the fastest and easiest working enviro I've used yet.

If you're that bored to tackle LFS :lol:

when is that guy gonna update his site?

I wanna try out this revolutionary new themeing engine he blabs about.

LFS? no that would be if i was motivated, i am just bored!