LapTop DVD/CD Rom Problem!

Guest cfoks

I have MSI M635 LapTop but I could not install Mandrake 10.1

When I boot from cd-1,there is a screen writing "No CD rom is found" ...

There is not any possibility to download Mandriva,because I have not internet connection at home..

Could someone help me to solve this problem or can I find the drivers?

but Even I find the drivers for CD/DVD Rom,There is no floppy in LapTop,How can I use those drivers?

Thanks....

How new is your laptop? Mandrake 10.1 is quite old now, there's been LE2005 and 2006 since, and 2007 is due out soon also.

Chances are it's not working due to your machine being new or something.

As I said, Mandrake 10.1 is old. So if your laptop is new, then you need to find a newer version of Mandrake, which is now known as Mandriva. So, at least Mandriva 2006 or wait for 2007 to appear which will be released very shortly.

Ubuntu, assuming you have 5.10 is the same age as Mandriva 2006 more or less, so this is why it works for you.

If no fast internet, try and download where you have access to a fast internet connection, say a friend or something and burn the CD/DVD for Mandriva 2006. Alternatively, buy a Linux Magazine that has Mandriva on it if you can find one now.