Mozilla Page Display Size [solved]

rogerh

Hello,

Just installed 2006 today and it went in really smoothly. One problem I am having is that the web page scale is really small (a lot fits on a page, but you can't read it.....). I've looked through the preferences, but can't locate an option to increase the scale (aside from using View -Text Size - Increase on every page). Any suggestions or pointers would be appreciated. I did increase the general default font size, but now there are just some big words spread amongst the little words on the page - better but not quite there.

Thanks -- Roger

[moved from Installing Mandriva by spinynorman]

Hello,

I assume that you are talking about the Mozilla Firefox menu. I can certainly get to edit - preferences, but there is no 'content'. Under 'general' there is a 'fonts and colors' menu, but no advanced setting option I can find. I tried setting the font size there, but it does not seem to help on the web page content itself.

Can you please clarify?? It may be that the firefox has a more limited menu than standard Mozilla?? Probably my issue with not being clear about the Firefox.

Thanks -- Roger

I think the panel that daniewicz is talking about is under Preferences - Appearance - Fonts. There I have a checkbox for "Allow documents to use other fonts" but mine is checked. Also I have a "Minimum font size" of 12, and "Display resolution" of "System setting".

Does it look bad for all web pages, or just some? Can you give us an example of a URL which looks particularly bad, and a screenshot of how it looks in your Mozilla?

Firefox 1.5.0.6 is different to previous 1.0.6 version in terms of options available in preferences, so it could be this that is the problem.

Just choose Edit/Preferences, and look for the options that relate to fonts. When I found small, I did what neddie did and set to minimum of 10 or 12.

Hello,

Thanks for the suggestions. Fixing the font size has resolved most of the small font issues. Probably just need to keep poking at it a bit..... it's only been in for less than a day.

Thanks very much, and I am sure I will be back for more assistance as other things crop up.

Regards -- Roger