Amarok and musicbrainz not working

oshunluvr

My latest bug find: Amarok 1.4.3 installed with "sunna" and musicbrainz won't work. I have all depends installed (libtunepimp et.al.) and I have even installed the -devel packages to no avail. When I open an mp3 file and select Edit Track Information, then click on File-In Tags Using Musicbrainz, I get nothing. The button itself dims as if selected but then nothing else happens, no errors, nothing. Cancel works ok.

Any ideas

What about "urpmi id3lib" ?

urpmi'd id3lib - no change

Checked permissions - me owner, set to can read and write - no change

I did notice today when I click the "Fill-in Tags Using Musicbrainz" the button changes to a dimmed "Generating audio fingerprint..."

Probably just always says that but you never know what will matter...

Its the same in Debian testing too......

perhaps file permissions on the mp3 .. if I work it out I'll post back but damned annoying!

If it's behaving the same in another distro it must be a amarok/musicbrainz issue huh?

What kernel are you using?

2.6.17-5mdv smp enabled on a P4 640j oc'd to 4.12ghz, 1 gig.

amarok-base 1.4.3, musicbrainz 2.1.4, id3lib 3.8.3 here. Tagging Mp3's via amarok working fine. It's neither Mandriva, nor Debian, but rather what shows in my avatar.

Unless you pass a debugger output, it's rather difficult to find out the reason of the failure.

I'm too noob to know where to find the de-bugger output. I did start amarok from the konsole to capture output but it never showed any errors. It just "spun" until I canceled it

BTW - I can tag files just fine. I'm trying to get MusicBrainz to do the tagging...

Edited by oshunluvr

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...