Sharing Internet with Windows XP [solved]

Rapha

Hi,

I have 2 computers. One (Mandriva) is coneccted to the internet using a cable modem (Motorola USB 5100), and the other is using WinXP SP2. I need to share this connection...

When I used WinXP in the 2 computers, was ok... but now I'm stuck'd...

HELP MEEEEEEEEEE!!!

:D

Run the Mandriva Control center/networking, and set your Mandriva box as a DHCP server (which is the easiest route, because there's no need to assign IP's yourself- the server will take that task).

Actually, this is exactly what the XP box does, but without letting you know what it does, because there's a danger that you get either too knowledgable, or too confused! :P

Edited by scarecrow

Ok,

but I will need to setup something on the winXP computer? like workgroup, domain or something?

And also... this connection will work either if I use linux or win? (I´m the only one that uses linux at my place)

Thank you so much!

I´ll try that as soon as I get home!

Edited by Rapha

Run the Mandriva Control center/networking, and set your Mandriva box as a DHCP server (which is the easiest route, because there's no need to assign IP's yourself- the server will take that task).

Actually, this is exactly what the XP box does, but without letting you know what it does, because there's a danger that you get either too knowledgable, or too confused! :P

It didn't work...

I've probally did something wrong...

Can you tell me in details how do I set up the "Mandriva Box"?

Thank you