not very newb friendly is it! [solved]

bikeman

If you take a look at the mounted Mandriva partition (no need to chroot into it right now), is there a /proc directory?

did i mention i am a newb? i am running the live cd as we converse so i have no idea how to check what you suggest. you have to tell me exactly how to do what you suggest

No harm it that... we all were noob's once.

Its just important you do each step....

if you don't understand don't just try the next one come back and ask....

There are no stupid questions here.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies if this is a dumb question, but before you reboot, have you removed the CD?

Leo

not sure that really needs a reply does it?

Anyway, it would seem that even the 'experts' here are struggling to get me up and running with Mandriva so thank's for all the help but I've given up with mandriva.

I've moved to Ubuntu which apart from a screen resolution issue did install without a problem.

Like I said in an earlier post you will need to make it somewhat easier if you want us newbs to use it.

bye

I think you've got completely the wrong idea of what this forum is about.

The people on this forum to whom you've been moaning and complaining, did not make Mandriva. They are not paid by Mandriva and are not responsible for any problems which you've had with it. It's unfortunate that you've had problems, and that's why the people here (other users) have tried, out of their own kindness and free will, and without any reward, to help you.

I would have expected you to use a little please and thank you, rather than the snide tone you have been using.

I hope you have fun with Ubuntu, and I hope that once you get in a position where you can help other people get going to, then you will.

i, too, believe that manners are always best when pleasant. but, i also remember how frustrating linux was at first. when i started with linux there were people who thought that what i was trying to do was easy then as well.

everyone here did a fantastic job at trying to help this person out. patience is a vritue (with linux and linux newbs). good job everybody!

Edited by JonEberger

Like I said in an earlier post you will need to make it somewhat easier if you want us newbs to use it.

We don't make it, these people to:

http://www.mandriva.com/

and we're not even related to them, we're independant from them, although we share their name because this board was initially supporting the Mandrake/Mandriva distro.

Our site is http://www.mandrivausers.org/ of which you can see is "mandriva users" which means we use it, although some of us use other distros as well.

If you want everything to be automated for you, use Windows ;)

Otherwise, if you want to learn, be patient and use Linux. I've never seen anyone with your problem using the Live CD. So it's unique to you.

Yupp. And we did our best, but we are not Gods. :D
Speak for yourself MORTAL..... :thumbs:
adore.gifworship.gif

:lol2::lol2::lol2:

Damn, spinynorman. Your mega-wit has a lot of mega-wattage!

I sure wish you would post more. You've got too devastating a wit to stay in the shadows.

------------

spinynorman - the wicked wit-meister of MUB

Edited by jboy