Firefox 1.5.0.7 is out

dexter11

I don't think you need to. If you have the install package from the Firefox website then just follow its install instructions.

Then open MCC and uninstall the rpm version of Firefox.

Best Solution ??? Just wait a few days and the rpm updated version will be available in MCC updates. :D :D :D .

Cheers. John.

Opera 9.0.1 is the best Firefox upgrade by far. (Sorry for the Gnome users- and anyway Opera just needs a qt3-libs package, or nothing at all, if you use a static build- no need to mess with KDE libs).

I say that, being a FF diehard since ages... but Opera 9 is quite simply a better browser- if you don't mind the fact it's not GPL, then this is the way to go.

(...and for the record, Konqueror is also faster and more responsive than Firefox).

I don't think you need to. If you have the install package from the Firefox website then just follow its install instructions.

Then open MCC and uninstall the rpm version of Firefox.

Best Solution ??? Just wait a few days and the rpm updated version will be available in MCC updates. :D :D :D .

Cheers. John.

The Firefox instructions do not really instruct. I can run the new version by clicking the firefox file in the extracted folder, but it is not linked to the menu and tray icons. Sounds like waiting for the rpm is best for me.

I can run the new version by clicking the firefox file in the extracted folder, but it is not linked to the menu and tray icons. Sounds like waiting for the rpm is best for me.

But if you've come this far, why not just add the menu entry and the tray icon by hand? Only a few more clicks, right?

If you didn't uninstall your rpm then you'll still have the icons for the old version, but either way you can just add new icons for the new version.

But if you've come this far, why not just add the menu entry and the tray icon by hand? Only a few more clicks, right?

If you didn't uninstall your rpm then you'll still have the icons for the old version, but either way you can just add new icons for the new version.

Right you are, that is all I needed to do, thanks for the nudge.