Yoper, any expeirance?

Guest c_m_f

Guest c_m_f

well ive been reading up on Yoper as the 1.0 final is out now, and wondered any expeirance?

Also i read about having to pay for 1.0 ($98 ) is this true, is there an iso of final for download (i can only find rc2).

Also seen as it uses the term linux, doesnt it have to provide it for free somewhere?

Guest c_m_f

not the final, only the previous is free so when 1.1 is out 1.0 will be available for d/l.....well im now going to begin making my own lfs, just getting the kernel src rpm now!

I am not sure it's worth to spend 100 bux just to get a 686 optimized distro like yoper unless it has some killer apps not found everywhere else.. Besides.. what separate mandrake from other RPM based distros out there is the mandrake's own tools.

Guest GorGor

HI all

Yoper has no MCC or central control function so I don't think this is for us newbies.

As far as I can tell even if you bought yoper @ US$98 you have to pay for any security updates etc and my fumbling brain seems to remember another $100 as a ball park figure.

I did post that it had kde 3.1 and you need to do the compile from src thingee.

Its MDK for me.