Mandriva 2007 Beta 3 Report

spinynorman

Guest alansecker
Bought a new printer/all in one (epson rx700 - great machine), so I had to update.

I'm having trouble getting an RX700 to work with a Mandriva 2006 system. Does your printer work? If so would you explain what you are driving it with? I've downloaded special drivers from avasys.jp but it still won't work and the version of gutenprint 5.0.0 that MDA 2006 is shipped with is really dated.

TIA

• 2 weeks later...

Just replying about the epson rx700 printer/scanner - the scanner works out of the box, the printer doesn't with mdv2006 - which is why I upgraded.

With mdv2007 (beta2 is the first I tried) it works, but in GIMP I get way to much ink, so I had to reduce that. I find the quality is best for photos when copying the jpg to a card in the cardreader, then printing from the printer directly....

Reducing the output density (sliders in GIMP print output tab) does do wonders.

Contrary to what is written on Linuxprinting.org, it looks like it is possible to use the cd / dvd printing option from within Linux as well.

However, this machine can do all without a computer; and you can do all with mem cards as well.... scanning to memory card, copying, printing, etc.

Very nice.