FLAC on K3B [unsolved]

RadioEar

I just started ripping audio CDs in the FLAC format and storing them on the hard drive. Amorok plays them back just fine. I discovered however, I can't make audio CDs with K3B in the FLAC format, I guess I need some support files, can somebody here point me in the right direction where I find them?

Edited by RadioEar

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gul apparently did it with K3B:

But it was easier then I thought. I installed flac with easy-urpmi. Then I loaded K3b and imported those .flac-files into an audio-cd project and K3b started burning. No problems.

Apparently, installing flac:

urpmi flac

should get the flac support, and then import the flac files into an audio-cd project and burn the CD.

RadioEar, get a broadband connection at home and join the rest of the world!!! (And, it looks like you might want to learn Polish! :lol: ) It is easier to be at the computer and trouble shoot rather than getting the info and looking later, only to encounter more questions. Get the net!

OK, You have problem Polish? (this is old dialect ooudoor recently North Ireland)l

man flac

man flac123

man grip

man k3b

All is English .....Lex

Edited by Lexicon

RadioEar, get a broadband connection at home and join the rest of the world!!! (And, it looks like you might want to learn Polish! :lol: ) It is easier to be at the computer and trouble shoot rather than getting the info and looking later, only to encounter more questions. Get the net!

By the way, Dear, dear brother of mine, Why... why do I NOT have a manual for K3B, hmmm?

And for that matter, why don't I have manuals for half of the stuff in KDE?

You are right, good by, in a word

Discussion forum for Linux users Spanning the World

ou...

Linux do not needed words

rpm -qa | grep k3b

k3b-plugin-project-0.12.16-1

k3b-plugin-decoder-ffmpeg-0.12.16-1

k3b-plugin-decoder-wave-0.12.16-1

k3b-plugin-decoder-flac-0.12.16-1

k3b-0.12.16-1

.....Lex

Edited by Lexicon

:lol: You want me to print you the manual? It is more fun to play!

Lexicon, I was joking with RadioEar (my brother), and not saying anything against Polish. My wife is Polish and many of her relatives speak Polish. Aunt Isabelle, my Father-in-law's sister, frequently throws polish words into our conversations without even realizing it. She lives in Chicago where Polish is spoken in her neighborhood and mass is celebrated in Polish. ;)

Radioear. You are ripping a cd music disc to flac and expecting to make a music disc with that flac???.

Can't be done with any burner unless the flac is converted back to cd music format so what is the point of doing all that???

When you rip to flac it becomes a digital file so you can only store it as DATA file on a cd-r or cd-rw.

That is why you rip in the first place, namely so it becomes a digita data file that can be compressed and so take up less space on a cd-r disc and consequently store much more music on a disc than the usual cd music format. Some of the compression formats are inheritly lossy and others much less so. Obviously for the best practical quality, you want the least loss for the best possible sound. If you want the best possible sound then you stick with the next to zero loss format which is the music cd format.

Your seeming problem is not a problem at all and has nothing to do with K3B or any other burner program.

Cheers. John.

Edited by AussieJohn