Installation Error in Wine

Hi

I installed wine 0.9.17 and while installing counter strike 1.6 setup using the wine command i get the following error:

Please make sure you've finished any previous setup and closed other applications. If the error still occurs please contact your vendor: Megalog (http://cs.megalog.ru)

Error Code:	-5009 : 0x80040154
Error Information:
>Kernel\TextSubstitution.cpp (368)
>Ctor\ObjectWrapper.cpp (389)
>Kernel\Component.cpp (1161)
>Kernel\CABFile.cpp (383)
>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (1658)

Any ideas whats going wrong??

I hope this is the right section or should i post in the games section??

Edited by LinLin

Try:

wineserver -k

from the command line to make sure nothing is running, and then try again. Sometimes wine isn't easy to get games working, that's why cedega exists, which is wine-based, and prob the best way to go if you want games to work.

wineserver -k

Nope that didnt help. I updated the wine from xxxx.17-mdk to xxxx.19-mdk, but still no effect. I guess cedega is the way to go...many people suggest that.

Also...the wine-installed software dont come in the kmenu. I remember deleting some wine folders ( /usr/lib/.menu/wine..../usr/lib/wine....or something like that ..i cant really recall) before installing wine-xxxx.17.mdk. Now after installing a windows program it doesnt come in the start menu. What do i do ??? :(