Unsolved problem with K3B

cage47

I've been doing some searches. Haven't seen anything on this here. But on linuxquestions I found the same question without any solutions. In Driva 2006, I have K3B installed. It's worked fine for me up to now burning my backup cd's and my music cd's. No problem. But when I click on copy cd tab the "start" button is greyed out and unclickable. Even when I click "make image only". Nothing I do, change any setting so change any permissions. No difference. It won't make and iso image of a cd. This is a pisser as I was getting ready to convert my dad but can't make copies of my 2006 cd's. Now I've still got 10.0 installed on the living room computer and k3b installed there makes iso images no problem. Now I've also tried eroaster (my old burner standby) but can't find a setting to make an iso image. So in 2006 this is a bust. I don't think my dad will need to make copies like that but it's one more minor hangup that really makes me question the use of 2006 as my conversion model and maybe sticking with 10.0. But that has issues with printer drivers. And usb. So would rather try to get k3b fixed in 2006. Anyone also have this or have a solution?

If you don't mind, update to 2007. It's stable enough for me, with the following properties that would be important to you:

- K3b working well

- USB working well

- Best printing support of all Mandrake/Mandriva versions I've tried... :-)

Updating from 2006 is no major prob. You can use software repositories for cooker given by easyurpmi.zarb.org, if you don't want to use CDs.(Don't forget to update kernel!)

Do you have enough HD space under /tmp ?

(this is the default place k3b stores images).

As I've said I've tried all kinds of options. I've got plenty of space (7g) in /tmp and (4.5g) in /home/cage/tmp. That's not the problem.

As far as 2007. I'm looking forward to it. But being on a lowly dialup, upgrading over the internet is painful. Not only that I ususally like to test a new distro on my backup system before I commit it to the main box. I don't like to upgrade my main system until I know the new os is working (which is why I never put debian sarge on it). So there is no fix to the problem in 2006? no update of just k3b or anyone fixing it?

I used this option recently myself, so I know for sure it works in my setup. I can only think it's something to do with your K3B config.

Go into your /home/username/.kde/share/apps and perhaps rename the k3b directory to k3b.old and then launch K3B again. This will create a new clean config, and hopefully it'll work correctly.