How do I set up Xgl/AIGXL on Odin?

Gul Dukat

I remember now this is a bug. First login without xgl and logout and then login with xgl. You first have to have logged in for some reason...

I don't think this is gonna work for me. As soon as I want to configure the 3D-desktop, by using drak3d, I get kicked back to the login-screen, GDM. I just found out, that I don't have the files /etc/sysconfig/xgl and /etc/sysconfig/compiz present. But I assume that when I could configure my 3D-desktop by using drak3d it would generate those files.

It happens for me too if the users are newly generated (or ones that havent logged in for quite a while) but it works if the have logged in....

It happens for me too if the users are newly generated (or ones that havent logged in for quite a while) but it works if the have logged in....

I only have one user on my "Mona"-installation, apart from "root".

I'm interested in where this goes - I'm having a similar experience. I'm not good enough at linux to know what I'm doing. I had xgl and 3ddesktop working fine with "tyr" but now I've upgraded to "mona" and lost the ability to have 3ddesktop. When I turn it on, I can't get past the log in screen. It just pauses for a couple minutes with a mouse cursor over a background screen and then returns to "log in".

Best I can tell, the mona default kernel 2-6-17 and nvidia 8774 drivers aren't happy with each other. I'm debating now if I should install an older kernel or just waitfor an updated driver.