Sabayon

Gentoo based distro in live dvd/cd formats for both x/86 and x/86-64. It installs by using a modified Anaconda installer and copys the dvd or cd to your hd. The Full dvd install is about 7 gigs.

Can have a fully functional desktop in around an hour. I'm curious if anyone here has tried it and what they think of it ?

http://www.lxnaydesign.net/index.php?optio...6&Itemid=27

Note It's a RC2 release they expect the final to be out in 2 weeks, so depending on your interent connection it may not be worth your time to download the full dvd version at this time.

I temporarily installed both the x/86 and x/86-64 dvd versions. With the 64 version I ran into problems trying to update the system. It has 32 bit Firefox and plug-ins "jailed" by default. Since I have basically beginners knowledge of linux and no experience with Gentoo I choose to move to 32 bit to try and learn the ins and outs of Gentoo. I'll be trying the mini cd x/86 this weekend, rather than start with the full dvd. I think it will be easier to start learning with a more basic install and add what I want as I go.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...