Uploaded RC2

Guest anon

Uploaded RC2 CD1, CD2, to our ftp site.

...CD3 Will follow shortly

From what I gather, this may be the last RC before final, it seems the final has been brought forward to around the 15th to 20th March. So get testing and report those damn bugs!!

Not to complain or anything, I am really happy that a new release is coming out in just a few days. But it always seems that just as I get my Linux install and my desktop running the way I like it, there is a new release.

I really think they need to slow down a bit and maybe go with a 10 month release schedule instead of this 6 month schedule.

Anyway, thanks for uploading RC2. Can't wait til the 15th.

Guest duir66

I used the CDs to update from 9.1 Beta 3 and it is quite sweet. My lilo select at start remains unedited and looks quite full as this is the 2rd update since the fresh install.

Glad to know final will be out so soon. Just hope that they really do find all of the bugs as this is looking as if this is going to truly be the best distro they've ever made. At least as far as a desktop user would be concerned.

It is looking their best yet. New KDE, new Xfree, New kernel ( 2.4.21)

There is still a problem with the internet conection, that new auto network tool, "zeroconf" is causing problems. Many people can't connect unless they enter their own IP address, user@34.56.74 bla bla bla.

Guest duir66
It is looking their best yet. New KDE, new Xfree, New kernel ( 2.4.21) 

There is still a problem with the internet conection, that new auto network tool, "zeroconf" is causing problems. Many people can't connect unless they enter their own IP address, user@34.56.74 bla bla bla.

Yeah, I saw that somewhere either on reboot or install, don't remember which. though I think it install. I'm on local DHCP connection so I never noticed. What exactly is the issue (in case I do install on stand alone box)?

DHCP is pretty much broken for me after a fresh installation of RC2. I have to enter my IP address manually. Lemme try redoing it again after I updated from the newest cooker packages.

Incidentally, what the heck is zeroconf?

Incidentally, what the heck is zeroconf?
Thats a good point. Since mandrake is a desktop distro, it should not throw around unfamiliar terms without explaining them properly.