can't send files in gaim

ilia_kr

It might not be you who's the problem. ICQ usually has problems sending files normally because of the receiver having a firewall and not having their connection correctly configured.

It might not be you who's the problem. ICQ usually has problems sending files normally because of the receiver having a firewall and not having their connection correctly configured.

But I can send them files from XP box (by an original ICQ) !

I have a lotta problems with gaim sending files over AIM also, which is pretty much the same as ICQ. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Still might be firewall settings though...ICQ might have a way to get around NAT and stuff.

Third-party clients and file transfers are always touch-n-go. Try using one of the other ICQ-compatible clients, such as LICQ and see if that can send files. Otherwise try using a Jabber-ICQ transport gateway and see if you can push files through that.

The Windows ICQ client has the ability to set an option for the external IP address, thus getting around the firewall problem, or by using another setting in the firewall option.

Never seen it in gaim, but never had problems receiving files through icq in gaim. Come to think of it, I think I had a sending problem the other day though. Will need to check into that methinks, so you're not the only one.

The Windows ICQ client has the ability to set an option for the external IP address, thus getting around the firewall problem, or by using another setting in the firewall option.

Never seen it in gaim, but never had problems receiving files through icq in gaim. Come to think of it, I think I had a sending problem the other day though. Will need to check into that methinks, so you're not the only one.

Well, we should join the 'Desperate ICQ Users" club :P

The AIM protocol is identical to the ICQ protocol and compatible. Try signing up for an AIM account and sending to your ICQ friend via that. I seem to remember this working once for me, but my memory is *cough* not the greatest at the best of times...

:lol:

We can have a look on Friday (am away a couple of days) and we'll try between us to transfer files - probably the best bet.

OK with me :thumbs:

I want to recheck my network settings once again, maybe i oversaw something. How can i check what IP did my router assigned to a Linux box (i use DHCP) from CLI?