Making other apps follow KDE's colors [solved]

Urza9814

Ok, I decided my KDE desktop for some reason reminded me of a Brick, where WinXP seems to flow pretty nice...and Linux is always more customizable, so I decided to see if I could de-brick my desktop. I decided to change the main color of the windows to a nice light blue, and it works great for KDE programs, and it's working fine on Firefox, but gaim for some reason, though the borders have changed, the inside is still that dark grey....how do I make it obey my KDE settings, or where can I adjust it's settings?

edit:

One more thing...how do I resize the icons on the taskbar? The ones on the bottom left...it's got console and firefox and stuff, but it's making the icons so big they all run into each other and the sides of the firefox globe are being cut off and it's just not good. lol

Edited by Urza9814

firefox is not gtk, but rather gdk>gtk so I guess that's why it looks fine

the only thing I can think of you doing (I don't have kde installed) is making a gtk theme with the colors you want and telling gain and any other apps you desire to use that theme. You can do that in gnome easily but I don't know if it works from kde....I think it should

In your .gtk-2.0 file in your home dir (create it if it doesn't exist) put

GTK2_RC_FILES=~/.themes/name_of_theme/gtk-2.0/gtkrc gaim

to point to a theme in .themes

for a theme in /usr/share/themes

GTK2_RC_FILES=/usr/share/themes/name_of_theme/gtk-2.0/gtkrc gaim