download linux CDs / DVDs

null

Ubuntu delivers Linux CDs to you for free. I've recieved 15 CDs myself, I've given them away to promote linux in my university.

Also, Bittorrent is pretty fast for me. I switched on azureus last night to download CentOS DVD, it was going at 0kb/s when I went to sleep, now I wake up 7 hours later (yeah, I'd like more sleep than that, but well) and it's already complete. I just finished md5summing it 15 minutes ago and it's all good.

I now have all 3 DVD iso's of debian testing. When I open the iso images in k3b, and when k3b calculates the md5 of each iso, the md5's that k3b displays are completely different than the ones shown on the debian website.

???

If they are different, then there are problems with the ISO's and you need to download them again.

However, check using md5sum from the command prompt instead, just to make sure first.

the "md5sum" at the command line gave the same results and what k3b displayed - different than what debian.org shows.

I d/l the first dvd amd-64 iso again tonight, and once again got a bad md5sum. Don't know why, I usually have good luck with iso downloads...

I'm gonna wait a week or 2 to try again. There's a message on the testing iso d/l page about "the weekly builds of testing are currently in a state of flux... normal service should resume soon..."