Show off your desktop August 2006

mystified

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o :D

I would like to contribute some fantastic artwork but my desktop is exactly the same as it was for the June thread. I'm so stale.

I have been playing with Xubuntu a bit but haven't tweaked it at all so no screengrab...

I am starting to enjoy XFCE (as you can see my screenie) but there are not a lot of window decorations available :sad: there are however plenty of gtk themes as all gnome gtk themes are compatible :)

screenshot060802_preview.png

as usual, click for larger (1280x800) image

OS X baby :D finally got my black macbook!

Wouldn't it looking better with a light blue background (Just throw the wallpaper in Photoshop and change the color settings).

Murrine gtk and window theme, tango icons

ffi, do you have a link to that background?

If I may ask, how do you like the thing, and what are you using it for?

I like it a lot. Currently I'm using it as my day-to-day system (got it Monday). Ever since I got it I haven't booted up my desktop system, though I imagine I will whenever I want to play a game (WoW runs a little slow on it). I got it largely to have a portable system, and to have OS X, but I like how it works enough that I just use it constantly. It also produces less heat than my desktop - I've actually noticed a drop in the temperature of my room.

Wouldn't it looking better with a light blue background (Just throw the wallpaper in Photoshop and change the color settings).

Maybe. I think there is a blue version of that background available, but I liked the green :P Also, I don't have photoshop - currently photoshop still doesn't have a version for Intel-based macs, you still have to use rosetta which causes performance degredation. So I just use GIMP :P

Thought I'd contribute and update my desktop. Changed from KDE, to Gnome. Themed it this morning with a gnome wallpaper, brushed gtk2/metacity and glass icons.