nautilus died..

Jas

well.. i guess it was true, nautilus is VERY unstable, crashes atleast once everyday, well this time it just kind of "died"... i came back to my computer, unlocked it, and i see a nautilus has quit, so i click restart, and my desktop just never came back, tried logging out, i even restarted my computer..

post-7664-1153931925_thumb.jpg

yea...nautilus is horrible.

Konquerer ain't much better though.....

any error message if you try to re-open nautilus from the command-line (whatever it is for you gnome users...heh)

Edited by Urza9814

I'm a KDE user...but....nautilus and konq are both unstable as hell. I get bombarded by error messages any time I open one of them. Fresh install of mandriva, everything else works great.

could just be a PEBKAC issue... :)

Well, this is always a case... but not too likely, if you use just official repos ( no MDE, no SoS, no Cooker, no many packages built from source...).

If you use just the official repos, then it may be just a user or configuration fault... but if you have unofficial packages installed, then you must be able to cope with more than a couple of annoyances...

I cannot speak about Nautilus (since I do not use it...............user preference) , but I can speak about Konqueror and can truthfully say that I have never had a problem with Konqueror these past 3 years. The years before that, the rare troubles I had I am sure were caused my my lack of Linux knowledge and experience.

Am I some kind of extra lucky user to not experience this and a lot of other problems often listed here at MUB ???. I don't think so.

Cheers. John.