The DVD Ripping Thread

null

Sorry to hear your drive died on you. Can only presume that Mandriva was failing because the drive was on it's way out.

When I use acidrip I encode with xvid, so they can play back in Windows. More or less the same as divx. Will take more or less as long as the movies running time to encode it.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no you misunderstood. the old burner in my windoze box died...

the burner in my mandriva box is pretty new and works great... well, at least when I stick it in my windoze box

Since I know what I'm doing during backing up dvds on my windoze box, when the old windows drive died, I pulled out the "good" drive from my mandriva box and am now using it in my windoze box.

So my mandriva box has a gaping hole in the front of the case...

Gonna buy a new drive soon, they are pretty cheap now. Going to buy a DVD burner, dual-layer, with LightScribe capability, bitsetting capability, and all that fancy new stuff. Will put it into my windoze box, since linux doesn't do lightscribe I bet, then I will put the other good drive back into my linux box... and start my Great Linux DVD Backup Experiment again.... :wall:

Edited by null