Display problem

Guest caesar

Guest caesar

Hi,

I have a problem when displaying contents usually it's when i'm browsing with with konqueror or firefox i get a messed up display

here's a sample below:

11606460464-thumb.png

anyone know how to fix this problem???

Yes I've encountered just that same problem.

To get round it in Firefox bring up the fonts dialog box i.e. Edit.->Preferences->Fonts & Colours.

Select from the drop down box for 'Display Resolution' 'Other' and you will be presented with another dialog which shows a line for you to actually measure (with a ruler). That will give you the resolution for your display. Accept the settings on all the boxes and you should not have the problem again. I've not got a solution for other browsers as I mainly use Firefox.

Edited by SilverSurfer60

you know what, now that i think about it i used to have that issue in older versions of firefox (pre-1.5). i haven't noticed it recently (i know mandriva is still using 1.0.x).

tyme, you are quite right, Firefox is now upto v1.06 and does not have the display problem. I have just installed Opera V9 and that is now displaying correctly. Seems like we are getting there. Konqueror still messes up a few pages though, even Mandriva pages. I very rarely use konq so that's no big deal.

Guest caesar

well nothing's working for me...no font or anything changing.

There's something else i realize, when i want to open up something that has a form on the OS itself not on any browser (for example the sound setting) some of the buttons like apply and ok and cancel appear below the start panel, so i have to move it upwards myself or resize it if the panel is doesn't display everything because it hasn't expanded fully.

Really irritating

Actually i see some sort of difference on web browses, firefox the problem is the address bar and some things like the javascript displays. konquerer has the address bar ok but the content is much worse