Screen font(s) of OpenOffice.org 1.0.2

Linux_Fan

Hello,

Recently, I installed OpenOffice 1.0.2 [OO]. The font that is used for the screen is just worse. I find out that a font can be changed via Tools -> Options -> Font Replacement.

But how do I know which font has to be replaced? Where in OO can I see what kind of font(s) is/are used for the screen?

Hi Peo,

you said:

Andale Sans GUI or something like that. I can't check it now but you should find it easily.

The action you need to take is as follows (this is taken from the OO mailing lists at www.openoffice.org)

Choose Tools/Options/OpenOffice.org/Font Replacement

and replace Andale Sans UI with Helvetica.

You can of course use any font that you wish as a replacement.

Hope that helps

I couldn't find in the user's instruction how to find out which font is currently used for the screen. So, please, if someone who is familiar with OO can tell me?

And Andale sans UI is defently not shown on my system in the list under font replacement.

No, it is NOT shown, and I have no idea why, but you have to manually type it in.

Here's a link that might help:http://www.mandrakeusers.org/viewtopic.php?t=2373

Sorry, I should have made that clear. Andale Sans UI will not be shown in the font list. Just type it into the left hand text box and then select an alternative in the right hand text box. You can choose anything you like.

Hope that helps