Latest Kernel Version?

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what kernel version Mandriva 2006 comes with? I am in the process of updating my pc, am currently using Mandrake 10.1 with a 2.6.8.1 kernel, and I would like to know the kernel version for 2006 before I start installing because I need to find the drivers for my modem for that kernel. I was originally able to locate the file for my modem under the current kernel at www.heby.de/ltmodem, but after checking that site this morning it doesn't look like he's offering much anymore. Not gonna be much point in upgrading if I'm not able to use my modem, and I can't get even dsl in my area yet.

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

any idea if 2006 comes with any support for lucent agere modems? i bought this modem specifically because it would work under linux with a minimum 2.4 kernel, it just came with drivers for a 2.4 kernel, had to find the files for 2.6, and if 2006 doesn't have much support, any ideas where i could find support?

actually, i think i just lucked up, because i was finally able to compile and install a 2.6.16.20 kernel and get it to boot, downloaded the ltmodem-2.6-alk-8 package from heby.de/ltmodem, built and installed the modules into the new kernel folder, and used kppp to connect! i'm so excited, i've been trying to do this for months now and i finally did it :banana: i'm pretty sure if that package will work for a 2.6.16 kernel it'll work for a 2.6.12. now i think i've got to go back in and do another make menuconfig, cause it won't load my soundcard module or shorewall, but that's ok, i've made it this far, to be sure this will be something simple. thanks for your help!

Ok, I've been having some trouble with these new kernels, the 2.6.16.20 kernel booted fine, took a few minutes to configure my modem, took a while to load my soundcard module, couldn't get shorewall to work at all and absolutely could not access my cd drive with a data cd in it, so I tried the 2.6.12 kernel, again booted fine, sound module loaded no problem, modem, no problem, shorewall started no problem, but I still can't access my cd drive with a data disc. It opens right up with a audio cd or dvd, just not data. When I try, this is the message I get: mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdc or too many mounted file systems. Please check that the disk is entered correctly. Anyone have any idea what the problem may be and any steps I can take to fix it? Thanks.