new rpmdrake broken?

Guest a_r_schulz

Guest a_r_schulz

I just got rpmdrake-3.0-2mdv2007.0 from cooker, to find that it doesn't let me install any rpm's any more:

- when I select 'all updates,' all fields get blank

- when I select 'Mandriva Selection', I get the group list and some packages for each group, but I can't check any of the shown packages!

Lucky enough, there's still old_rpmdrake, which still works as before (but which I had to install via urpmi...).

So, since rpmdrake seems to be heavily under construction, maybe it's time for a personal wishlist:

- keep the display of installed vs. new available versikon for updates (couldn't find it in the new rpmdrake)

- for detailed rpm info, probably seperate windwos/tabs for release note, file list and version history would be nice.

- as cream topping: highligthing of changes since the installed version in the version history for updated packages

- keep the flat view of all updatable packages (not grouped by Mandriva categories)

- any idea how the package database could be made faster?

- in case of an error during installation, previous rpmdrake would remove all downloaded rpms fom the cache. If you retry, you have to download all again (which may be some 100MB when you're into cooker...)