Mandriva One 2007 Screen Resolution

Guest UBigDummie

Guest UBigDummie

Hey guys. I need to see if anyone can help me out with my screen resolution. I am using Mandriva 2007 (First shot at Linux). Everytime I restart my PC and I login to the KDE, my resolution returns to 1152x864. I prefer 1024x768, so everytime I start the KDE I have to make the change manually. (I also make sure the box is checked to apply the changes at KDE startup.) My monitor is a 32" Magnavox LCD (don't know if that helps or not). Can anyone think of anything I can do?

Thanks,

Andy

[moved from hardware by tyme]

Are you sure it's Mandriva 2007? Because this hasn't been released yet!

So, if you are using Mandriva 2007, it's still in BETA and unstable, or at least it's a Cooker snapshot of a potential release.

I would suggest though that you do System/Configuration/Hardware/HardDrake, click your video card, and then click Run Config Tool. Then go through and ensure that when you choose the monitor, that the max resolution you choose is 1024x768. That way, you'll never go any higher than this, which is what it sounds like you want to stay with in terms of resolution.

Welcome to the board! Know that we've determined what Mandriva 2007 is :P

If ian's suggested didn't work, could you post the file: /etc/X11/xorg.conf please? Also, is this a widescreen display?