Syncekonnector make error

Guest Shadowduck

Guest Shadowduck

Hi Folks,

I'm attempting to get my Windows CE PDA to synchronise with Kontact in KDE. After much googling, coffee and anadin I've succesfully got to the point where I can connect to the PDA, access it's files using rapip and control it using KCeMirror. Unfortunately, when I attempt to configure synchronisation in Raki, I get an error message "No synchronizer found for <sync type>".

Currently installed;

kdepim-3.5.3-1.1.20060.SoS.src.rpm

kdepim3-sync-3.5.3-17.2.i586.rpm

kitchensync-3.5.3-2ark.i586.rpm

synce-kde-0.9.1.tar.gz

synce-kde-pack-0.9.1-6.i586.rpm

More googling suggests I need syncekonnector, which I don't appear to have - I'm now attempting to rectify that using syncekonnector-0.3.2.tar.gz. I had problems with a missing lib on ./configure (I think it was libkonnector.so, it was a while back) which I think I resolved ok with a symbolic link to the .0.0.0 version of the lib, which was already present.

./configure now runs ok but when I attempt to make, it ends with the following string of errors:

/usr/lib/qt3//bin/moc ./paireditorwidget.h -o paireditorwidget.moc 
if /bin/sh ../libtool --silent --tag=CXX --mode=compile g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I../libksynce -I../includes -I/usr/lib/qt3//include -I/usr/X11R6/include	 -I/usr/include/kitchensync  -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT  -D_REENTRANT  -Wno-long-long -Wundef -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -O2 -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wno-non-virtual-dtor -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common  -MT paireditorwidget.lo -MD -MP -MF ".deps/paireditorwidget.Tpo" -c -o paireditorwidget.lo paireditorwidget.cpp; \ 
then mv -f ".deps/paireditorwidget.Tpo" ".deps/paireditorwidget.Plo"; else rm -f ".deps/paireditorwidget.Tpo"; exit 1; fi 
paireditorwidget.cpp: In member function 'void PairEditorWidget::setPair(KonnectorPair*)': 
paireditorwidget.cpp:93: error: 'class KSync::SynCEKonnectorBase' has no member named 'initDefaultFilters' 
paireditorwidget.cpp:104: error: 'class KSync::SynCEKonnectorBase' has no member named 'initDefaultFilters' 
make[2]: *** [paireditorwidget.lo] Error 1 
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/syncekonnector-0.3.2/librakikpimsync' 
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/syncekonnector-0.3.2' 
make: *** [all] Error 2

Googling, I found a few other people have had this problem but the only suggested solution was to upgrade kdepim and kitchensync - so far as I'm aware I already have the latest versions of these so I'm stuck once again.

Any help, advice or sympathy would be deeply appreciated!

SD