bad ISO for CD 1

JohnJ

Yeah, that's what I thought, and why I tried to download it again. I had no problem from the other ftp site. The main thing is I'm glad I got all of them :D. I do like Mandrake and am 'trying' to learn more about it every day. I just wanted to point this out in case others had problems downloading it, and to let it be known that the first ISO may have some problems. The main thing is to do the md5sum check after you download the ISO's. The other two ISO's checked ok. I will install them tomorrow and I can hardly wait.

That happened to me with 8.1, always disk 1 too. No matter how many times I pulled it down I never could get a good copy. Ended up having to get it from a friend, who it turns out could never pull a good copy of disk 1 of 8.2. Of course I gave him a disk.

Sorry that happened. Hope you get it straight.

I have downloaded Mdk 9.1rc1 CD 1 twice from your site and both times the md5sum checks were bad.  I had to download it from another site to get it right.  Just thought you would like to know.

I d-loaded and installed all three CDs from our ftp site before I made it available to everyone, just to make sure they were OK. They are.

I have checked CD1 again on our ftp site, its still OK. You just had a bad d-load, or your ftp app was playing up.

I was having that problem off and on starting at around 8.1 (that's when I got dsl!) I was just using the browser, Mozilla or Konqueror. I started using gftp and haven't had a single problem since. I think the client has a serious effect on "bad images."

You mean Anon's site? If so, I've downloaded RC1 from there and the checksums were good for all 3 Cd's. What client are you using to download with?

I downloaded from this site. I dual boot with Windoze98 and MDK 9.0. I downloaded using w98 and IE 5.5 sp2. The first ISO checked failed, but the other 2 were OK. I successfully downloaded the first ISO from another ftp site from Mandrake's download list. Since you have downloaded all 3 Cd's Ok, and Anon has checked the ISO's, it appears I just had a bad download. I just wanted to point out I did have a problem and the importance of doing the checksums. By the way, I have a high speed cable connection. I appreciate your responce, and Anon's, too. Thank you both!

Quote" Version 9.0 of the product was a success both technically and commercially and the company is now focused on Version 9.1 which will be announced as scheduled in April. "