dual monitors

studmuffin007

I have a ATI Radeon 9550 graphicscard and would like to know to have both monitors running the same as i do in windose i have just updated the driver (i think) after following another post here but i am unable to determine whether it wast he correct driver i installed.

thanks in advance

fglrx64_6_8_0-8.26.18-1.x86_64 is the driver i have installed from there website @ https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default...amp;folderID=27

but i have no clue on how to setup duel monitors under mandriva i DL another version but it tells me that it is a txt document when i right click it but iits supposed to be a driver any idea on how to install it

thanks in advance

ATI website provides the instructions. After you install the driver, you will have to run the driver confuguration utility as root (if I am not mistaken, its name fglrxconfig). It's a text script, one of the questions will be about monitors, and will be able to select the dual monitor option.

ATI website provides the instructions. After you install the driver, you will have to run the driver confuguration utility as root (if I am not mistaken, its name fglrxconfig). It's a text script, one of the questions will be about monitors, and will be able to select the dual monitor option.

i have now got both monitors working but am unable to have it as i do when i log onto windoze I.E firefox on one monitor and some thing else on the other any help please

thanks in advance

i have now got both monitors working but am unable to have it as i do when i log onto windoze I.E firefox on one monitor and some thing else on the other any help please

Below is my xorg.conf which I use for exactly what you want to do. Of course you will need to replace any reference to nVidia and such with your card details and drivers. Maybe it is not the ideal layout, but it works for me and has done since using MDK10.1 and now I'm on 2006. At least you may be able to get the idea. If your still unsure what to do google for 'twinview' and or 'cinerama' and you should get plenty of info to get you going. Hope it helps.

Section "Monitor"

Identifier "Monitor0"

VendorName "Plug'n Play"

ModelName "NEC LCD1525M"

HorizSync 24-60

VertRefresh 55-75

EndSection

Section "Monitor"

Identifier "Monitor1"

VendorName "Compaq"

ModelName "Plug 'n Play"

HorizSync 24-60

VertRefresh 55-75

EndSection

Section "Device"

Identifier "device0"

VendorName "nVidia"

BoardName "NVIDIA GeForce FX (generic)"

Driver "nvidia"

Screen 0

BusID "PCI:0:12:0"

Option "DPMS"

EndSection

Section "Device"

Identifier "device1"

VendorName "nVidia"

BoardName "NVIDIA GeForce FX (generic)"

Driver "nvidia"

Screen 1

BusID "PCI:0:12:0"

Option "DPMS"

EndSection

Section "Screen"

Identifier "Screen0"

Device "device0"

Monitor "Monitor0"

DefaultColorDepth 24

Subsection "Display"

Depth 24

Modes "1024x768" "1024x768" "800x600" "800x600"

EndSubsection

EndSection

Section "Screen"

Identifier "Screen1"

Device "device1"

Monitor "Monitor1"

DefaultColorDepth 24

Subsection "Display"

Depth 24

Modes "1024x768" "1024x768" "800x600" "800x600"

EndSubsection

EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"

Identifier "layout1"

InputDevice "Keyboard1" "CoreKeyboard"

InputDevice "Mouse1" "CorePointer"

Screen 0 "Screen0"

Screen 1 "Screen1" rightof "Screen0"

EndSection

Please note the items in bold ie 'BusId'. if you have a single dual head card the BusId will be the same for both devices.