Which is better - Ubuntu Or Mandriva?

Guest Jebereuen

Mandriva have been increasingly like this.... for instance the nvidia and ATI drivers they maintained they were unable to provide for "legal reasons" ... was all just BS.... Im not saying they have to include them in the free version but they should be honest as to why....

Yes it si BS, but it is also a sneaky marketing trick IMHO!

That's my whole point . IMHO it was a sneaky marketing trick but its not true ... they choose not to put them in .

I'm not arguing they should though I think its crappy marketing but the point is they deliberatly mislead and in this case at one point actually stated they couldn't when in fact they meant chose not to.

If you look at this and lots of other Marketing (or in French Le Marketing since they don't actually have a word for marketing) ploys then it sets a pattern which IMHO is be economical with the truth or even outright lie of you can make it look like an accident....

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again you go off on a rant about everything under the sun without even properly reading my post. Actually go to the google cached page you linked from your own post (https://mandrivausers.org/index.php?showtopic=32931&st=75#) and read it. As I pointed out in my last post in the section "Mandriva Linux 2006 CD & DVD ISO images for i586 and x86_64" it has a link to the ISO images on the mirrors "Mirrors for Mandriva Linux 2006 CD & DVD ISO images for i586 and x86_64".

The page is obviously a mistake and a temporary one at that, right before they implemented a new website design. It wasn't like that earlier in the year and its not some sneaky or malicious attempt to hide the free ISOs from people because the link is right there on the page!

Don't you guys think that this is getting a bit ridiculous? :P

I think it got ridiculous when timelord100 started telling ME what I have read.

I know full well I followed those links on the 20th and there were no 2006 ISO's. HE is saying I am making it up or hallucinating or something?

FOr the record here is the link to the iso's

http://www.mandriva.com/en/downloads/mirrors/2006

For the record here is what is says

Module not found

The requested module downloads could not be found.

Possible reasons for this are:

* The module name was misspelled, try changing the URL.

* The module does not exist on this site.

* This site uses siteaccess matching in the URL and you didn't supply one, try inserting a siteaccess name before the module in the URL .

The fact is I followed the links, I was looking for the iso to download and went to the mandriva site and followed this link. If someone tells me I didn't do what I say I did then they are calling me a liar.

You can say "are you sure" or "perhaps you made a mistake" but comoing right out and saying no you didn't is a direct insinuation Im lying.

The same goes for the enterprise kernel ... now if I don't remember which exact kernel it was how does timelord100 know the source was correct... as I stated I compiled it and it isn't the same nor even the same size... I am pretty certain of this because I spent a long time, when I thought I was doing something wrong I took the source for the stock kernel and compiled that. When that worked and proceded the same size kernel and the modules compiled against the source worked with the downloaded kernel I was sure it was because the source is not the same source as the one they used for their kernel. However once again timelord100 say's I'm making this up.. he presumably knows every kernel and has built every single one or is telepathic and knows exactly what kernel I had .(even though I can't remember).. or he is just talking BS.

Sorry if I don't want to let someone implying i'm a liar drop but he is trying to mislead everyone on the board. He is presumably banking on a mod not clicking the link which is dead. Before I posted the google cache he told me it had NEVER been like that.

All I am doing is backing up what I said...

Okay, that's it. I don't care who called whom how or what you interpret into each others thread. I close this one now as we don't get back on-topic. If you want to continue your discussion, do it with PMs please.