Installed FC6 Test-1

As I was very curious, I ve installed FC6 Test-1. So far so good. But I was wondering, as to how I should set up yum. I mean, I dont think it would be wise to set up yum using the FC5 repos. Would it? To speak in MDV-terms, isnt there a way to add cooker-like repos?

Fedora's test = Mandriva's cooker I've been so intrigued by yum-ex and smart gui that I haven't configured yum from a terminal for some time. Here is a link to fedora 5.90 repo

http://redhat.secsup.org/fedora/core/test/...os/Fedora/RPMS/

I hope this helps some but I'll try to help more when I have more time.

gotago

cheers

Hey Gul you need to give us some sord of feedback on your experiencewith it (broken things aside) :thumbs:

I will. But haven been using it for that long. So be patient. ;)

Fedora's test = Mandriva's cooker I've been so intrigued by yum-ex and smart gui that I haven't configured yum from a terminal for some time. Here is a link to fedora 5.90 repo

http://redhat.secsup.org/fedora/core/test/...os/Fedora/RPMS/

I hope this helps some but I'll try to help more when I have more time.

gotago

cheers

Thanks.

Will try this, and be waitin for your reply when you have more time.

As I was very curious, I ve installed FC6 Test-1. So far so good. But I was wondering, as to how I should set up yum. I mean, I dont think it would be wise to set up yum using the FC5 repos. Would it? To speak in MDV-terms, isnt there a way to add cooker-like repos?

Well, you don't need to for development and extras-development

If your talking third party like fresh/dries repositorys then instead of $releasever you would use 5, however keep in mind now that some apps lib's wont be in sink with what is on rawhide, so you will do some manual stuff ;)

like pull down the 3rd party repo's SRC.rpm's and rpmbuild --rebuild them most of the time will fix that situation. It is manual, but you are running a beta OS :)

I do it all the time though.

Thanks for the reply jlc. Was hoping you would reply. B)

So correct me if I wrong. I could make use of a FC5 yum-configuration, including livna, and deal with dependecies problems manually?