Problem with icon switching

Ixthusdan

Upgraded kde to 3.5.3 today. I have removed any 3.4.2 rpm. Only problem I have found is that when I switch icons using the Mandriva "Configure my Desktop" (kde control center) the window crashes. The icons change, but the "updating system" bar has disappeared and the window stops responding. No other functions are affected except icons. Thoughts?

I have uploaded new packages from glib2, dbus, avahi, hal, mono, kde packages, etc, check.

You use x86?

Here in both arches all runs fine.

Anyway it would be good that we could see the error, maybe start those by konsole and paste the the output.

• 5 weeks later...

Run this aplication as root

su

pass

kcontrol

if don't

from konsole

init 3

login root

startx

kcontrol

If running, copy file kcontrolrc from root`s hiiden folder to your folder (remember chown replace) ....Lex

Upgraded kde to 3.5.3 today. I have removed any 3.4.2 rpm. Only problem I have found is that when I switch icons using the Mandriva "Configure my Desktop" (kde control center) the window crashes. The icons change, but the "updating system" bar has disappeared and the window stops responding. No other functions are affected except icons. Thoughts?

I have previous told that were there more packages, ut i see that this post is from Jun 16 2006.

Are you still having any problems?