Lycoris Tablet PC Edition

Guest ColonelDimak

Guest ColonelDimak

I've been looking for a good linux distro to use on my tablet PC. And so far all sources have suggested Lycoris Desktop LX Tablet PC Edition. HOever after looking around I found out Mandriva recently bought out Lycoris, and I haven't been able to find Lycoris Tablet PC Edition on the MAndriva site. So I was wondering if I am just missing the link or has Mandriva stopped developing the tablet edition or selling the tablet edition of Lycoris? Or is the current version of Lycoris Desktop LX tablet enabled?

Mandriva doesn't seem to have picked up the tablet PC edition of Lycoris - however, you may find this site somewhat useful (although a bit dated). I think, generally, you can get most distributions running on tablet pc's - though it may require a bit of tweaking here and there.

Guest ColonelDimak

Well I know i can get just about any distribution to run on a tablet but in doing so I lose the key features of a tablet pc, (handwriting recognition, convertable moniter, etc), and so I was looking for ways to maintain the tablet funtionality without being forced into windows. So far outside of lycoris only one other distro is available (EmperorLinux) but they do not sell or allow free access the the OS without purchasing a pc directely from them. Do you have any idea as to whether Mandriva or any other distribution or if there are any programs out there to help maintain tablet funcionality in linux?

I checked out the site you gave. It seems useful even if it is dated though I'm not sure if I am reading it right

Thanks for the site though

Edited by ColonelDimak