Mandriva 2006 installation stalls

Guest Sanfoor

Guest Sanfoor

Hi there all

I have a problem with instaling Mandriva 2006 on my laptop, i have a sony vaio (VGN-BX197XP) and i have installed Suse 10.1 on it and it works finn and i thought to test mandriva 2006, but the problem is when i click on inter i can see in about 3-5 seconds that the installation starts and thats all.

it stuks and dont continue, i have tried boot codes like

nopcmcia OR nodma OR noauto and it didnt work to start the installation.

i hope there is some one can help me with that

best regards

Could you please add the basic hardware specs of the laptop, e.g. graphic card, motherboard and such stuff? Also, try to get into advanced mode (F1) and launch a text-mode installation. It might reveal where it hangs and why. Also make sure that the md5sum check of your isos was okay.

Guest Sanfoor

Graphic = ATI X700

CDrolm = Pioneer DVR-K16D (I think its SCSI)

Harddisk = I think SCSI ATA

Monnie = 1 GB

You Can See My device manager in this picture

d507656d8a.jpg

Did you try the combination

linux noapic nolapic

already? And I could imagine that the ATI card causes the system-hangup, as Mdv2006 shipped by default with a experimental Xorg package. If possible, try to boot the Mandriva ONE CD (live-CD) that already has an updated Xorg package and can be used for installation, too. If that one boots up, then it is definitely the Xorg package not playing nicely with your ATI card.

Guest Sanfoor

Thanks for the help but it didnt work, it send terminiation signal after a message about a high spees USB.

as i said before, i hade some problems with other kinds of linux but at the end almost all of them i managed to run it on my Laptop, but nither the live Suse AND Mandriva nor this mandake i couldnt run it, i think its with something with the (SCSI) because i think my cdrom and harddisk is with (SCSI) connection.

i'll try to find some other boot codes to try, and i hope it will work.

dose any one nows whare to fine the MANDRAKE boot code, like what the KNOPPIX has as boot codes (cheat codes)

best regards

Edited by Sanfoor