Mplayer issue [solved]

ilia_kr

I have a strange problem with Mplayer: when i double-click a movie file, it sais: "Error: unable to open URL: ... ". If i open the same file from within the player it works ok. Except that Mplayer behaves well.

What can i do?

Thanks

Edited by ilia_kr

maybe mplayer has not been set as default application to open that kind of file..

It is set to be default player. I'm using Gnome: right click>>Options>>Open with>>Mplayer. This works ok for xine and totem but not for mplayer.

When you double click on a movie file it executes a command with that file. You should check that command in the GNOME file associations in the GNOME CC. I don't have GNOME so I don't know where it is exactly but I'm sure you can find it.

Sure i could find it, if i knew where... :P

try to specify the exact path of mplayer

Please explain yourself...

When you double click on a movie file it executes a command with that file. You should check that command in the GNOME file associations in the GNOME CC. I don't have GNOME so I don't know where it is exactly but I'm sure you can find it.

/usr/bin/gmplayer -quiet -nofs  %U

Is that what you've asked for?

/usr/bin/gmplayer -quiet -nofs  %U

Is that what you've asked for?

Yes. The two options are not relevant in this case. What's confusing me is that %U. It should represent the file name which mplayer should play. But from the little C I learned it should be %s instead of %U.

If I understood correctly when you double click on a video file mplayer starts but can't play the file because it doesn't understand it. So the best I can come up with is this change that %U and see if that helps.