New kde-3.5.3

mmodem

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! Is there anyone who had problems with hal? The removable device daemon pops up when a removable device is inserted but it is not mounted. I'm thinking of downgrading hal but that will also downgrade dbus which will, in turn, downgrade kde 3.5.3. Any suggestions?

Dont downgrade anything, this is a problem that is afecting all distros, still in cooker wasnt solved, but meanwhile you have 2 options, one is to create an entry in /etc/fstab for the usb storage device so this way is mounted when inserted in wich you have this site http://ldots.org/prodrive/ that explains you all the needed steps and doubts.

The other option is wait that i build the necessary packages for x86 to automount usb devices using another method, this was already fixed in x86_64 but meanwhile i didnt build those packages for x86 since appeared me other problems and i have to do a clean install of mandrica 2006 before proceed.

Blino from Mandriva said fixing this bug doesn't have a high priority, though will be fixed before 2007 final :(

You did really read what i said, right?!

Havent you saw that i said i got another to automount usb storage devices?!

Yeah I know but I am on Cooker not 2006 :(

So why are you posting here thats fro only for official releases, yet for what i have speaked with blino isnt he who will fix it, that depends on hal or do a patch for kde, but this suposing you continue using gvm since with ivman i have things working normally

Dont downgrade anything, this is a problem that is afecting all distros, still in cooker wasnt solved, but meanwhile you have 2 options, one is to create an entry in /etc/fstab for the usb storage device so this way is mounted when inserted in wich you have this site http://ldots.org/prodrive/ that explains you all the needed steps and doubts.

The other option is wait that i build the necessary packages for x86 to automount usb devices using another method, this was already fixed in x86_64 but meanwhile i didnt build those packages for x86 since appeared me other problems and i have to do a clean install of mandrica 2006 before proceed.

I followed the link and I added an entry in /etc/fstab. The device got mounted automatically although KDE still thinks that the device is unmounted. Anyway, this is just minor and I can live with it. I just hope that this issue gets fixed soon. Thanks for the reply!

New kde-3.5.3 at the usual place www.mde.djura.org

this is still a pre-release since the official kde-3.5.3 still wasnt announced.

As of right now, I am using KDE 3.4 and will that be problem if I jumped 3.5.3? Or do I need to do step by step to 3.5.1 then 3.5.2 and on?? I am thinking of trying KDE 3.5??

Any feedback before I start process... Thanks! B)

You only need to make sure that you uninstall KDE before upgrading. You can directly upgrade to 3.5.3, but remember - it is beta! Remember to follow the basic steps explained e.g. in this thread https://mandrivausers.org/index.php?showtopic=31623

It is not beta, we are already going in kde-3.5.3-10

No problem arctic :thumbs: I am thinking of format since I just installed and have not add any other software yet... So that I can format and run icewm first then start with download kde-3.5.3-10 which should be less headache?

Thanks mmodem to keep all same path together! :D

Hey guys... When I format it and install with ICEWM.... After reboot, it only come out terminal with black background and white text.... Is that normal? I never had ICEWM before...

If it is normal, guess I will write down urpmi for conf, main, plf, plf-nonfree, and mde as well as input in root terminal...

Thanks, soon to be KDE 3.5 :D