joining networks [solved]

gem-in-eyez

I use my LAN/WAN ports, but requires two different IP ranges because of this, and I use rip to sort the routing out automatically.

Reason I do, is because I only have one LAN port on my router, and for my firewall to work it has to go via the WAN port on the firewall, else I'm not secured :P

Otherwise, I could get a switch and connect to the single LAN port on my router, and use the same range ;)

Glad you got it sorted out. Simple much easier :P

I sent it last night, but not had a bounce message so assuming you got it OK. It was about 6MB in size I think.

Well since I changed the routers around I have not been able to get the port forwarding to set properly. Not sure if it is a firmware issue or what but I'll have to talk to Dlink again. Seems I cannot allow 2 different public ports access the same private port setup on 2 different servers. That may be the issue your having with connecting to my server. Wierd thing though is that I use the Dns name & public port when configuring my cuteftp app and it connects fine but I am in the house. Gonna have to do some tweaking again. Perhaps it has to do with the 2nd router and the original rules I had placed in it. Who knows at this point. but atleast now I can focus on getting that rack server going.

Since this topic is closed bro, I'll continue our chats in another one in talk talk ... it's the old one that I had started with looking for a nice server. here's the posting's link...

https://mandrivausers.org/index.php?showtopic=32307&hl=