In Gnome: Windows disappear after minimizing

Helmut

Running Gnome, after minimizing a window you can't find it again. Its just gone, nothing to click on the taskbar, just gone.

(Running KDE it would be Right-click on the KDE panel --> Add to Panel --> Applet --> Taskbar. But I'm running Gnome. )

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Helmut

Edited by Helmut

When I use Gnome, I have the panel at the top which you launch apps from, and when I minimise, they go to a panel at the bottom of the screen.

Do you have this panel at the bottom of the screen?

I only have one single panel, and that is usually in vertical position.

This is because I mostly work with either text documents or video frames of different aspect ratios. These range anywhere from 2.21:1 (Cinemascope) to 1:1 (pre 1925 silent movies).

After right-clicking the gnome panel, I can't find any suitable applet in Gnome which would restore a minimized window.

Helmut

Edited by Helmut

OK, in Gnome, there are normally two panels. One where you launch apps from, and another where they get minimised too. I'm not in Gnome right now, but I'll get in there shortly, and find out which option you need to get it back again.

EDIT:

OK, found it. Right click an existing panel, and choose New Panel. Then right click the new panel, and add to panel. Then choose Window List. Hopefully that does the trick.

Not sure if there is a quicker and easier way :P